B2B SaaS Marketing is What We Do.
We’re experts. “Good enough” isn’t enough for us and to keep our edge we only work with marketers in B2B SaaS companies. That’s it. Demand gen tactics, programs, funnel performance, budgets, and technological sophistication in B2B SaaS are different from those used in marketing insurance, financial services, or selling toothpaste to consumers.
Sales and Marketing
When marketing and sales teams are aligned in goals, definitions, processes, and perspective, B2B companies scale faster, have more predictable earnings, and are more profitable.
We help B2B SaaS companies establish shared goals and clearly defined expectations by providing a consistent method for marketing and sales teams to agree upon ownership and process handoffs.
- Define what a lead is (and what it is not)
- Establish service level agreements
- Model demand
- Define and manage a lead development function
- Create lead routing rules
- Design, implement, and validate lead scoring models
- Set joint goals
- Establish end-to-end lead management
Lead Management and
Every marketing strategy and process that exists in B2B SaaS is enabled through, if not fully dependent on, technology. Used with strategy and competence, technology helps companies grow revenue faster. It can make a small company look larger and enables large companies to be more client-focused. As an afterthought or when thought of as a cost center, technology makes for haphazard marketing processes and can decrease responsiveness and agility.
We are experts in lead management and martech. We highlight areas that can be improved and explain the reasons for and value of doing so. Then, we ensure that your company is doing everything possible to automate marketing.
- Automate marketing with technology
- Manage, govern, optimize, and roadmap their martech stack
- Establish service level agreements (SLAs) and lead routing
- Create and build lead and account scoring models
- Audit and remediate data quality issues
- Design and implement dashboard reporting
- Integrate disparate investments in marketing technology for a cohesive system
A sub-optimized funnel won’t necessarily kill your company, but it will make it much harder to scale and achieve revenue goals. Most B2B funnels are not measureable, focus on efficiency not effectiveness, fixate on conversion rates and not cost or revenue per lead, or make poor use of expensive resources. And, unless you’re selling one offering to one type of buyer, there’s a need for multiple funnel views so that measurement and diagnostics are meaningful and can be acted upon.
We help B2B companies improve funnels by identifying where and how, they can be improved. We outline the revenue impact of taking steps to implement adjusted funnels.
- Quantify target addressable market (TAM)
- Measure funnel conversion and velocity
- Design and implement funnel dashboards and reports
- Identify and fix gaps in funnel process, data, and technology
- Create demand and lead generation forecasts
- Measure marketing attribution
- Determine best lead sources and tactics for investment
You don’t have to generate massive numbers of leads. You need to attract and engage the right leads in your target market that will convert into opportunities and sales. It’s not as daunting as building a NY-Washington hyperloop, but it can be complex. The overall engagement strategy, messaging, and offers must be well-crafted. Multiple tools, applications, and, most importantly, people who know how to use them, need to come together for the strategy to work.
We design strategies that are effective for your company and optimize your existing demand generation approaches. If you’re pressed for time, we can then execute those strategies within your system.
- Design demand generation strategies that work
- Turn websites into demand generation engines
- Craft messaging that speaks to prospect’s needs and interests
- Track and measure success through dashboards and reporting
- Keep honest demand generation delivery through preference management and touch governance.
- Produce content that engages prospects, not just your employees
Account based marketing (ABM) is more than a buzzword, it’s effective. We believe every B2B organization should dedicate a portion of their marketing budget to it. The Pareto principle (the good old 80/20 rule) also applies to driving revenue, with a few organizations representing the majority of your revenue potential. Aligned marketing and sales resources can focus on pre-qualified target accounts, get them to the table, and convert them into customers.
- Design and execute ABM programs
- Enable and mechanize ABM at scale
- Choreograph the partnership between marketing and sales in ABM
- Measure the impact of ABM, but also highlight improvement areas
- Prioritize accounts (and segments) to target
- Systematize ABM using existing investments in marketing technology
Get Started with Capstone Insights
Every marketing executive has a lot going on, so we make it easy for you to do business with us. Schedule a call, send us an email, give us a ring – what works for you, works for us.